It’s never too Early or Late to have your system pigeon proofed.
If you get it done as soon as your system is installed, you’ll never have to worry about your solar panels becoming the hang out-nesting area for the neighborhood birds.
However, if your solar panels have become the local hang out, we’ll flush them out, clean out the nests, wrap the arrays in Black PVC coated wire welded Mesh and polish the panels back to new.
What solar home owners need to know
- Pigeons use your solar panels for shelter, defecating, mating, nesting and raising their family
- Pigeons mate all year long
- Pigeons lay 2-3 eggs 12 days after mating
- Pigeon eggs hatch 18 days after laid
- Baby Pigeons will not come out of the nesting area for 8 weeks
- Baby pigeons do not fly the coop, they stay and start the process of mating and reproducing as early as 7 months
- Pigeons are very noisy and make noise all thought the day and night.
- Pigeon poop is very bad for your health
- Pigeon poop that is left for a period of time grows bacteria and fungi which becomes airborne
- Pigeon poop bacteria and fungi can be blown into your roofs addict vents and end up being circulated in your homes air
- High and or continued exposure and cause infection and serious raspatory issues
- Pigeons carry more than 60 transmissible diseases, some which are FATAL. Histoplasmosis is one of the diseases that can be FATAL
- Dried Pigeon poop builds up in and on your addict vents and can sucked into your addict, vents and or HVAC system.
- Dried Pigeon poop fills up in the roofs drain lines, causing blockage and water back up, which can cause saturation and roof leaks
- Pigeon Poop is very acidic due to their diet and over time their poop will eat away at your shingles, sheathing, and building materials which will cause leaks.
- Pigeon Poop on top of your solar panels will etch the glass, causing production issues due to the etching and decrease panel life span
- Pigeons have cause major and costly damage due to pecking and pulling at the panel wires that are underneath where they nest.
- Pigeon Nests can block your exhaust system, which can cause carbon monoxide concerns
- Pigeon Nests are flammable, so they increase the risk of fire damage
Step 1. We flush and disinfect underneath the solar panels removing pigeons, their nest, their toxic waste and anything else that doesn’t belong there.
Step 2. We install our Solarcleann Pigeon Guard around the solar arrays to prevent the pigeons and any other critters from getting under the panels. Our Pigeon Guard is made of galvanized welded wire mesh that is hot dipped in black PVC coating. The Mesh is secured to your solar panels with specialized fasteners that DO NOT void any warranties.
Step 3. We perform a deep cleaning of the solar panels utilizing our water purification system and water fed solar safe extension pole to scrub off any dirt, debris and or pigeon waste the is impacting your systems ability to produce at maximum output.
Step 4. We pressure wash and disinfect the grounds where the pigeon waste and mess from underneath the panels fell. We ensure we leave your home absolutely clean and clear of those pesky pigeons and their waste.